Summer STEAM Camp
The Haan Museum of Indiana Art and Wonderland Education Experiential Learning Center present a summer STEAM camp for children who have completed grades 4, 5 or 6. This camp provides a fantastic opportunity to explore STEAM subject areas on the grounds of a historic mansion museum. This creative hands-on camp will allow your child to:
- Tour the museum and historic downtown Lafayette. Preserve Historic Lafayette will host the tour of downtown which will include a visit to McCord’s Candies.
- Engage in arts activities such as 3D Playdoh art, collaging and graffiti art along with sketching and classical forms of art
- Participate in “Stepping Into Art” by recreating a classic painting
- Learn about classical architecture in a session about this historic mansion.
- Create a short movie using stop-motion animation
- Experiment with 3D printing
- Take part in a botany session in the Sculpture Garden on seeds and plant life
- Attend a session on animal life with Purdue University experts
- Join in dance and yoga sessions with Greater Lafayette Dance Collective and Community Yoga
- Present their camp portfolio to family and friends that will include lunch- Pizza and Ice Cream for everyone!
These are just some of the items in this activity-packed camp. The camp will emphasize both historical understanding and future applications in STEAM areas. If your child has a curiosity for the arts and would like to advance their learning, this camp is for you.
8:30 am- noon with the option to stay until 1pm for lunch, if they bring a sack lunch from home.
$250 camp fee.
Some additional supplies will be necessary such as a personal art sketch pad. An item list will be provided. The cost of supplies will not exceed $25.
All paperwork such as health and emergency forms must be completed by May 15 to attend the camp. These will be sent via email to the specified contact person.